Find a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
Find a WV Doctor of Podiatric Medicine in your area.
Upcoming Meetings in 2018
January 18 - 8:00 PM - video conference
May 17 - 1:30 PM - Region IV
Columbus Hilton Hotel at Easton
(PICA lecture immediately following)
The Annual Foot & Ankle Scientific Seminar - 25 CEUs
DPM Training & Scope
2017-18 Interim Committee
January 7-9, 2018
Regular Legislative Session Jan 10, 2018
through Saturday, March 10, 2018
Painful feet are not normal
You may need a shoe insert called an orthotic that is designed to relieve painful arches, heel pain or provide additional foot and ankle support. If your feet ache following walking, exercising or you have a job that requires standing, orthotic inserts may be of benefit to you. Ask your podiatric physicians about your foot pain.
Your podiatric physician can also fit or recommend diabetic shoes should you need special shoes to avoid foot ulcerations or have neuropathy due to diabetes.
DPMs are foot and ankle specialists
- They can be Board Certified in Fore Foot or Rear Foot and Ankle.
- They can be Board Certified in Wound Care.
- They attend podiatric medical college and undertake a three-year
residency and are physicians.
- Your hospital or nursing home may have a DPM on staff.
- Podiatric physicians and surgeons are licensed Doctors of Podiatric Medicine (DPMs) by the WV Board of Medicine.